Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Victorian Boot Vase


Good Morning to all you Really Reasonable Ribbon Lovers!
I am so glad you have decided to take a trip over to my blog today! 
I am super excited to share this little project with you today!

My Victorian Boot Vase!

Ladies, this is a REAL boot!  
You can maybe take time to look around thrift stores or yard sales to see what you can find...
I just got lucky and found these in my OWN attic!
I remember my Mom's wedding about 20 years ago, and she wore these boots. 
Back then I thought..,  "That crazy woman done gone and spent money on something that she will never ever use again!"  Well, I have been right thus far...
Until.....
I decided to alter them and make a vase out of them! 
Here is what it was before I cleaned it and added the ribbons and bling and flowers...


The transformation was so simple! 
I used a Mr Clean Magic eraser to get the yellowed color to go away.
Then, I removed the shoe lace and replaced it with Rose Petal Seam Binding.
I added the Natural Juliet Crochet Lace to the top and sprinkled in some bling for an added touch...and viola!  Instant gorgeousness! 

My Mom will be so excited when she gets this for Mother's Day!  
I think she may have forgotten they were in my attic!  I sure did! LOL

Hey!  Go dig around in your own attic...see what you can find to add a bit of ribbon to to change it and refresh it!  I bet you come out happy in the end!  

Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! That is SO pretty!!! I am sure she will love it!!

Trish said...

What awesome boots , lucky you